Saturday, November 27, 2010

Goodbye Dubai


I am happy to leave. I always love opening a new chapter in my life. Its like a bittersweet chapter. Like you are adamant to leave because of the "what is there for me?" sort of feeling but then again you want to go because you are full of optimism.

Plus the fact that Beamer is there waiting for me.

Barely 4 years ago, I was in love with Dubai. I was in the Philippines starting a business but then decided that I wanted a fresh start. I wanted to go to places I have never been to and learn of their culture and meet new people with new ideas.

I packed my bag and bid Philippines goodbye. Don't get me wrong, I love the Philippines! I am proud to be a Filipina! I love my country and will never get tired loving it. But I have to go. I just have to. The reason was plain and simple. It is the career of my choice and I would like to pursue it.

In my 4 almost 4 years stay in the United Arab Emirates, specifically in Dubai, I have learned a few things that life has offered.

1.)  That I love my job in the Front Office and I will never stray. I love working with people of different cultures, ideas and aspirations. I love my guests even if they are a pain. Sometimes, a complete PAIN in the you-know-where! But I love them nonetheless! I love solving their problems and help them with their predicaments. Sometimes, the management would question your loyalty if it is with the company or with the guests. HEY! Its not a war! This is my job and I will do whatever it takes to help my guests so back off you narcissistic pig!

2.) That I am a TROUBLESHOOTER! I love helping people with their misery and in a way it makes me feel good! Well, this quality of mine piss a lot of colleagues but hey! ENVY is like a WORM, it always has an eye for the fairest apple!

3.) That in your life's journey, you will meet a lot of people and some of them will claim to be your friends and stab you at your back while some are really your friends and do not expect anything from you.

4.) That I love shoes since birth and will forever be awed of how a shoe can make or break an outfit! Oh, and bags too!

5.) That Dubai is for the singletons and not for kids! How many parks do they have? Beach parks, water parks and everything which would expose your kids to sun sometimes unprotected. So, they go to the mall where they have the skating rink, giant aquariums, indoor ski, kidzania and zega. But hey! To each their own! Its their lives.

6.) That 3 days is NOT enough for a honeymoon in Dubai! If you want to go there regularly, FINE! But if not! Make it a week! And get the 7 Emirates tour for a day!

7.) That there will boss' who will be annoying and obnoxious and will tear you apart. Not unless you annoy and tear them apart first! Hahahaha!

8.) That there will be colleagues who will just be there to get a paycheck. They will not give their best and they will be sloppy so it will be up to you whether you want to go down with them or you have to step up and stand still so you wont fall with them.

9.) That family comes first whatever happens! We will have jobs and friends come and go! But family will and always be there for you no matter what happens. They accept you for who you are even at your worst.

10.) That Love will be found in the right time. Here's a thought that I have discussed with my soul sister:
Boys will be boys and all we need is timing. Timing that if you find a boy who is on his way to become a man then he will be ready to commit. Do not look for boys who are happy and contented being boys, they will never commit. I found my MAN and I am happy to be where I am right now.



So, Goodbye Dubai! I hope to see you soon in the near future. Probably a week stay by 2012 but then again, who knows what's in store for me.

I hope to see you all in my new BLOG:


Addicted to High Heels Deux (shoe-paholic getting married)

No comments:

Post a Comment