Friday, November 26, 2010

Happiness

"A journey of a thousand mile begins with a single step."

I am happy with the outcome of my choices. I know that at one point of my life I was a rebel and a wildchild. I was someone you would vote less likely to succeed. Well, I'm not saying that I am successful because I am no way near that either but had you known me way back, you would immediately assume I am up to no good!

I stopped dreaming all of a sudden and took charge of my life. I thought to myself, what is the point of dreaming if I don't wake up from weaving air castles and impossible dreams? I stood and decided to face reality.

Working in Cyprus helped me a lot. It may not be the dream job but I have learned that I do not ever want to have that job ever again. I thought to myself, I am well educated, has excellent communication skills, I'm not that bad looking, I am a self-proclaimed fashionista, I am level-headed and I love talking so I don't see the point of wasting my skills in the kitchen as a Chef's Assistant.

What Am I doing here? Do I belong here? Is this what I want? These are the questions which succumbed my being. Then I woke up realizing that all the dreams I thought would be served in a silver platter is not going to be a reality. My inner strength woke me up and brought me to where I should be. To my country, to think, to strategize and pursue a career.

Even if Cyprus was not for me, it was a great country. I would love to go back and spend a week there. My stay in Cyprus brought me to where i should be right now. It made me realize that even if I did not know what I want, I have learned "what I don't want" and that was enough for me to start a new life.
After returning to Philippines where I worked teaching part-time to Korean kids and making massive amount of beadworks. Thanks to Bernadette & Sherry. Then, I decided to go to Dubai.

4 years of staying in the same hotel in Dubai was enough for me to realize that I know what I want and I love my job. I was happy to be where I was until Beamer came along.

I knew the minute we spoke about marriage that he is the one. I knew that I was meant to be with him and that is where I should be.

HOME is where the heart is. It doesn't matter where you are as long as you are together.

I am thankful to:
Thanks to my Guest Relations Family: Sevinch, BB & Wendy~my tenure went well because you are all understanding, cooperative and a hell of a team player!
I am also thankful to the previous GR Team members wherever they may be. They have made me who I am today because of their eccentricities and a whole lot of complexities.
Ms. Yana~I just love you! You are so gorgeous!
Amira Dahlin'~for her wit and F-U-N!
Perpie: For her sexual prowess! I guess we'll never really know if its true. lol
Ann~Thanks for helping me out when I was new.
Alina, Farah, Ely, Lana, Fatima Z., Tonette, My and Joo. You all have contributed to what have become me now!

Thanks to my Gay Council Family:
BB, Amor & Kimmy~who patiently helped me with my luggage and my tantrums.
Amor~who helped me with my muscle spasm and patiently applied salonpas and efficascent oil while I was cursing and crying with pain.
Kimmy~the lucky charm on my interview in the embassy.
BB~the sister I almost had, I cannot imagine HGRS without you.
Mayet~Thanks for the book and thongs! I love you and you know that!
Perpie~Thanks for the FUN and endless support!
JV~ My bestest boyfriend!
Georgy Purgy~ The gay fashionista!
Tetay~ Thanks for letting me crash in your room when I had a fussy roomie!
Lub-ster~the sister who never grew tired of my tantrums!
To my Cooking Club Family:
Amor~who did not give me my last share of Kaldereta!
Kimmy~who is always late with the delivery! lol
Madam G~Yum-O! for the guinataang fish!
BB~C'mon, I'm always the taster!
Wendy~Give me the Igado recipe!
To the Senior Citizens Club:
Ms. G~Thanks for helping me pack my things!
Ms. Ai~Thanks for the well wishes & the BOX and lingerie!
Ms. Fatima V.~For all our power struggles and fist fights! lol

and to more peeps who care:
Lv: Thanks for the Miu Miu Stilettos! I lurvve it!
Venus & Tin: Thanks for the VS thongs and purse!
Luisa Belle: Thanks for the tequila!
Davie: Thank you so much for the support!
Robert: Thanks a bunch! The White Party Bachelorette would not have materialized without your spontaneity!
RB: Always there to support me! I love you! Best Boss in HGRS! Hats off! Fair & Square!

And to my detractors:
YOU know who you are! You know that you have opted to see me fail but you did not! I know who you are and how you gossip behind my back. I know how insecure you are because I get what I want. You despise me because I held my head high no matter what. You know why? Because no matter how you see it, no matter how strict I can be, no matter how devilish I can get, no matter how vindictive you see me, I am fair and you loathe the fact that I am right. I knew that you were so happy when I was leaving. You cant just help but rejoice that at last, you will get what you always wanted. But guess what...you will never be on the same ground that I stood at. and knowing that, makes me smile. Forgive me if I gloat, the mere thought that your envy will not do you good makes me shiver with uncontrollable gladness.

I would also like to reiterate that I have NO REGRETS of what I have done in the past. I am who I am because of my past. As I have stated, I love the outcome of my choices.


Dear Beamer,I cant wait to be your wifey!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment