Thursday, October 28, 2010

Abu Dhabi

Note to Readers: I will be leaving this BLOG very soon. I hope that my explanation will suffice your curiosity. I am getting married ergo I will be leaving Dubai ergo there will be no: Shoe-paholic adventures and mis-adventures in Dubai anymore. So pardon my BLOG of my previous escapades in Dubai.

Let me tell you a story of how things are in 2008. BB arrived February 2008 and JV and I were revved up with the idea of working in Canada. The 3 of us, scouted for Travel & Employment agencies. We then decided to go to the Canadian Consulate who informed us that it would be wise, if we go to the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi.
I would say that the trip was not that successful and no one from the embassy was helpful enough to assist us with our query but we ended up enjoying it. We meet up with Toni Jovellanos whom JV and I knew from the Philippines. She gave us a mini-tour in Abu Dhabi and we went to Emirates Palace.

After the mini-tour, we had lunch at Toni's place and meet up with JV and Toni's friend who worked in a convenient store and we ended up having shakes. We also went to a Flea Market where I bought a chopping board. Then last stop: Toni's working place: The ART GALLERY!

When we went back, we rode the Bus (I think it was 30dhs) and went to Mall of Emirates. Now, there is a BUS going to Abu Dhabi in Battuta Mall. But hey! Last time I went to Abu Dhabi I was with Kimmy at the US embassy to get my VISA and we had a carlift for 250dhs back & forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment