Monday, August 16, 2010

The Ring (not the horror movie)

Today it was really boring at work. I miss the hustle and bustle. I miss the hurly burly! I miss the action!

Imagine that I had time to do a new procedure for Room Inspection. That meant, I had nothing else to do!

After work, BB and I were headed to the Jeweler to look at new rings. Last week I went to Gold Souk (note: a SOUK is a MARKET) with Amor, BB and Kimmy. We ended up looking at 2 options. The simple white and yellow gold combination or a very complicated ring with diamond the size of dust splashed on a triangle.

The first one was my original choice. I already saw it at the website on a German branded ring. I like it because it is simple and elegant and when I saw it, it made my heart skip. This kind of feeling seldom happens to me. It only happened when I first saw Beamer and when I saw Christian (Louboutin), Manolo (Blahnik) and another Christian (Dior), I mean the shoes, not the person.

So, the strange feeling engulfed me and decided that, this is the ONE.

However, the ring costs a fortune. I was flabbergasted! I really really really like that ring. I can see myself wearing that ring. I can picture Beamer wearing that ring. I can see us happily loving the ring.

So, I did what a dumbfounded girl would do. POUT and kept walking! Amor told me to look for another one. So, on that quest we ended up finding another ring.

The second one caught Amor's eye just because it has diamond, extremely small specks of diamonds splashed all over. The price is on my range but the style is absolutely NOT ME!

So here I was, sad and disturbed. Well, you know me. I get what I want, no matter what happens.

So, I looked for the contact number of the jeweler on the website and I saw the distributors number in Dubai. I called someone who knew someone and found out that I knew someone who works there.

Today, BB and I went to the Jeweler and for the 2nd time I saw the ring. It felt good while I had it on my wedding finger. And so the negotiation started.

I had a discount of almost $470. I was not just a haggler. I am "The" Haggler!

I gave a down-payment and took the receipt. The jeweler taught us how to look at Sapphire rings (if its heated, its darker hence not as valuable as it should be)and taught us how to look for the C's in diamonds. Cut, Clarity, Color and Carat.


After that, the jeweler showed us a diamond .75 carat - Round Brilliant. I am just happy that it matched with the wedding ring but I don't think Beamer would approve as I am on a tight budget. Oh! Well! What can i do? I cannot have the best of both worlds, or in this case~the best of both RINGS! lol

http://www.paradiso.co.in/flash/products.html
PS00058 for Ladies/Gents : My Wedding Ring

Nota Bene: BB and I had Iftar at Dubai Mall~Magic Wok. We had Beef with Oyster Sauce, Fried Chicken, A Spring roll which we both did not like and Fried Rice. I can still taste the chicken. Yum-O!

We went to D&G but Emman was busy bickering with the boss! Well, at least now, its not with Mau. Ha Ha Ha!

Thanks to BB for being patient as we spent a long time looking for "THE" Ring which would defy all rings.



No comments:

Post a Comment