Saturday, October 02, 2010

Seal Your Fate

2007 was the year I arrived in Dubai. I sort of tried my best to mingle with the Filipino Comunity. It took me a few months to realize that:

Filipino men in Dubai is way too different with the Filipinos way back in PI. In general but of no specifics, they are more disrespectful to women. And you cannot really blame them because some Filipinas (again with no specifics) just are more generous of their natural resources.

So, it is just fair for me to say that I have struggled and then I let go. I think no one really can blame them because they have been bitten by the system. And it is also fair to say that NO ONE should blame me for being the spawn of the devil with them. I think I have better things to do, like sleep.

It is better to be bored alone at least if I am alone, I can read books. Intellectual books. Hmmm.

On my recollection:
-There was a guy who thinks highly of himself just because he thinks he is cute. He thought WRONG!
-There was a guy named R who was really conceited until the day he resigned.
-R bedded a lot of girls including a girl who bedded a lot of men herself.
-There was a guy who thinks just because I hang out with him I already like him romantically. DUH??!!
-There was a lot of married guys who thought that women are easy. Maybe some are!
The thing is, sometimes people think that they are intelligent. Maybe they are. But their morals are extremely low that you think otherwise.
With this note, allow me to explain why I do not want to mingle with this so-called MEN. I do not tolerate disrespect! I will never tolerate disrespect! I also do not like to be involved with married men. I am sorry, I feel that being involved with them is ruining not their lives (because men who cheats with their wives will cheat to you therefore, low morals!) but the lives of their children. I feel that women in general should know that they are beautiful and a man will not complete them. I feel that women should think that there are plenty of fishes in the ocean. If you cannot find in your pond, move to a river...move to a sea...move to the ocean. Bottom line is, there are plenty of men. Why would you settle for the married ones?

Way back 2007 (when I was chubby) men flatters you in large doses. Men thinks they can fool me. Men thinks that they can fool any girl. Men (in general with no specific race) will try to fool you and it is your choice to be fooled by them.

Women empowerment is not about being equal to men. Women empowerment means you have a choice. And that you choose not to be a victim. You choose not to be the oppressor. You choose not to ruin families. You choose not to ruin lives. You choose not to be immoral or of low moral. You choose respect. And the respect you choose begins with yourself.

I remember this day when I was invited by our Night Manager Mr. Islam on his birthday. I tagged Cris along and she let me borrow her dress.
This was Cris' dress which I wore

KasBar is located at the One and Only Royal Mirage. A lot of Arabic people frequent the place. I never went back to KasBar and I have no intention to go back as well. That night was FUN though.

No comments:

Post a Comment